Wordsworth Classics: Return of Dennis Wheatley!

The place to post anything DW-related
gloomysundae
Level4
Level4

Wordsworth Classics: Return of Dennis Wheatley!

Post by gloomysundae »

Thanks to Rog at the Vault for bringing this news snippet to my attention:

The Return of Dennis Wheatley

Those of a certain age may well recall reading the Black Magic books of Dennis Wheatley, usually late at night, and noticing how the shadows in the room seemed to be getting gradually closerÂ…

Wordsworth are delighted to announce that we have reached an agreement with the estate of Dennis Wheatley to publish some of the classic works of this master of the supernatural.

The first title – available now – is ‘The Devil Rides Out’ and will be followed by ‘To The Devil A Daughter’ in April, and ‘The Haunting of Toby Jugg’ in May. Prepare to be scared…

Wordsworth Classics

I know Bob worked on the design for the covers so I'm sure he'd have been delighted to have played such a key role in seeing the books back in print at very affordable prices!
Last edited by gloomysundae on Sun 29 Apr, 2007 23:19:50, edited 1 time in total.
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

Ooh, and look at some of the other stuff--Collected Stories of Lovecraft, and Richard Marsh's THE BEETLE, which hasn't been available for ages!
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

I just spoke to the publishers, and I'm delighted to report that sales are currently going well.

Apparently there has been interest from Moscow to Papua New Guinea (literally).

I'm sure they would be appreciative of a few more reviews on Amazon if anyone was so minded (hint !!) ...

All the best
Charles
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

Unfortunately, U.S./Amazon doesn't seem to offer these, and I don't think it would be fair for me to go to the U.K. site to boost them...
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Thanks Jim for even considering it. Let's hope they all go on Amazon.com soon.

Meanwhile I see one of our mutual friends has just put up a review on To The Devil - A Daughter.

Looks like we have a new forum for extolling DW's virtues !
Charles
Michael Karnstein
Level1
Level1

Post by Michael Karnstein »

These wordworth paperbacks are of really good quality, and they also chose very good cover arts for them. They were also cheap, I had to get both "Devil" titles just for reading copies to spare the old ones. Also liked the prologues. Can we expect something more to come? "Quest of Julian Day" was recently re-printed, by some other publisher.
Dante knew nothing about hell.

Return to “General Topics”