Level3

The Man Who Killed the King

Post by Diamondhairdan »

Post moved to the Book Review section The Man who Killed the King
Bob Rothwell
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bob Rothwell »

Diamondhairdan, this is brilliant stuff. I'd forgotten how much I'd forgotten :-s . I really must get back into re-reading the saga.

Coincidentally, I've also just had my appetite whetted by delving back into The Launching... to get as much description of Lymington and Grove Place as possible in readiness for a trip this weekend, to try and visualise the various streets and places etc. mentioned. In addition to finding and photographing, of course, DW's remaining Serpentine wall!
Diamondhairdan
Level3
Level3

Post by Diamondhairdan »

No problem Bob - its a pleasure!

Thats sounds like an interesting trip - I must admit Ive been down there a few times though its never occured to me to look up DW's old haunt (though from what i remember it was knocked down after his death?)

I shall endevour to post a few more reviews when I have the chance, though I need to continue working my way through the RB series as writing of my own has hindered my reading time of late..

Enjoy the trip, and it would be great to see a pic of that wall if its still standing!
Bob Rothwell
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bob Rothwell »

Diamondhairdan wrote:Thats sounds like an interesting trip - I must admit Ive been down there a few times though its never occured to me to look up DW's old haunt (though from what i remember it was knocked down after his death?)
Enjoy the trip, and it would be great to see a pic of that wall if its still standing!
You're right. The old place was demolished and the land used for redevelopment after DW sold it. It was thought, I think, that it was going to be turned into a home of some sorts, but regrettably, no.

Will post a picture of the wall if I get a decent one. And the Angel(?)

You must tell us sometime about your writing........
Diamondhairdan
Level3
Level3

The Devil Rides Out

Post by Diamondhairdan »

Post moved to the Book Review section The Devil Rides Out
Diamondhairdan
Level3
Level3

Post by Diamondhairdan »

Bob,

Not much to say about my writing, as it's currently only a pastime (I'm 26 at present), though I'm hoping to eventually become a full time novelist. I have a short novel published of only average worth, and a couple of others finished, but it's a project I've been working on for the last 2 years that I'm most indebted to Mr Wheatley – a 7 part historical series set in late Medieval England. I've always had an interest in history, and in creative writing, and I'm hoping that my own magnum opus (inspired by the likes of Sharp, Roger Brook, Gladiator, and the tales of Henry V and the Black Prince) will prove to be worthwhile reading matter. It keeps me busy after work, anyway!!

Another review above by the way...
Jim
Level5
Level5

The Devil Rides Out

Post by Jim »

Post moved to the Book Review section The Devil Rides Out
Diamondhairdan
Level3
Level3

The Golden Spaniard

Post by Diamondhairdan »

Post moved to the Book Review section The Golden Spaniard
Toohey
Level4
Level4

Post by Toohey »

Post moved to the Book Review section The Ka of Gifford Hillary
Stevie P
Level5
Level5

Post by Stevie P »

Bob,

You may have noticed my review of 'Such Power is Dangerous'. I added it to the general topic rather than the Book Reviews as I didn't know how to create a new section for DW books other than the ones listed ie Duke De R and Gregory Sallust. (There wasn't a section for Avril bamborogh, suprisingly) :)

I'm currently reading Old Rowley but I will have the same problem when I write a note or two on this. Where should I put it? Don't be rude!!!!!

By the way the spelling mistakes in the Arrow edition of 'Such Power is Dangerous' were awful.

Is this normal for arrow??

Stevie P
Bob Rothwell
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bob Rothwell »

Stevie P wrote:Bob,

You may have noticed my review of 'Such Power is Dangerous'. I added it to the general topic rather than the Book Reviews as I didn't know how to create a new section for DW books other than the ones listed ie Duke De R and Gregory Sallust. (There wasn't a section for Avril bamborogh, suprisingly) :)
sorted! - and many thanks for the contribution
I'm currently reading Old Rowley but I will have the same problem when I write a note or two on this. Where should I put it? Don't be rude!!!!!
also sorted, and would I?
By the way the spelling mistakes in the Arrow edition of 'Such Power is Dangerous' were awful.

Is this normal for arrow??
Not just Arrow, Stevie P - generally they just use the text blocks from the hardbacks, so if the error occurs in the 1st edition it is usually there for perpetuity. The prime example of this is the spelling error of de Richleau in 'The Forbidden Territory', which was discussed in the topic 'General Questions'

Return to “General Topics”