Post by Steve Whatley »

Dear Charles,

30 October is better for Jean and me.[font=Courier New] [/font]
duncanpaul17
Level4
Level4

Post by duncanpaul17 »

Charles,

At the moment, because of possible work commitments, I would have to go for the 30th October as a preference.

All the best as always

Duncan
ken68
Level5
Level5

Post by ken68 »

Hello Charles. Either would be ok for us but Halloween seems very apt.
Ken
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Dear All,

Many thanks for your feedback !

I haven't heard from Iwan or the Gallachers yet, but otherwise all our 'regulars' can do the 30th October, while a few can't do the September date.

I've therefore rung the hotel this morning and given them a provisional booking for 30th October.

Nick, Steve W and I are working hard on an Agenda, but we don't have a monopoly on ideas ... all ideas very much welcomed !

Very best as always !
Charles
ken68
Level5
Level5

Post by ken68 »

Sorry Charles but the above ken is ken gallacher.just in case there is a hiccup with the booking,wouldn't want to miss it.
Is it to early to ask about booking for the Friday night as well?
Ken and Mary
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Dear Ken and Mary,

Sorry about that !

Delighted our purveyor of fine cigars (no - you're not expected to do that twice !) can make it.

Only two more replies and we're there. "The incomplete reunion" may be a classic DW chapter heading, but I'd rather our reunion was complete - although if it wasn't, I suppose we could drop by our absent friend, eat their food and drink their booze and then kidnap them back to the Edgewarebury for a late night movie ...

Sorry, I ramble !

Anyway, great you can come, and I've noted you down as a 'Friday plus Saturday'.

As soon as they send me the booking form I'll be back to get everyone to confirm details.

Best to all in the meantime !
Charles
ken68
Level5
Level5

Post by ken68 »

No problem charles. Look forward to seeing everyone again.
Cibator
Level4
Level4

Post by Cibator »

Now, now Charles – you should know the correct way to complete your reunion is as follows:

1. Lug out the four little bronze bowls with legs shaped like portions of the male anatomy.
2. Fill one with earth, one with water, one with brandy (or something else inflammable, which you then ignite), leaving the last one empty.
3. Burn something having a link with the person(s) whose presence you desire (nail clippings would be ideal, but can be hard to get hold of).
4. Pronounce the requisite incantation in a ringing voice that startles any companions who happen to be with you.
5. Put away all impedimenta, not forgetting to douse the flame in bowl no.3.
6. Wait! And the missing ones will arrive after half an hour or so.

Guaranteed to work (see Strange Conflict).
Fas est et ab hoste doceri
Steve Whatley
Level5
Level5

Post by Steve Whatley »

Cibator, are there any bits of you we could burn to ensure your presence at the Convention?

Thinking about it, couldn't we have some sort of e-link on the day so that those of us in foreign parts who are unable to attend in person could be part of the Convention? Then it would be a truly international event. Perhaps Nick could rig something to that effect?[font=Courier New] [/font]
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Dear Cibator,

A quote from my favourite novel ..... I LOVE IT !!!

Steve's right ... it would be great if you and our other overseas members could be there ... we all have so much to enjoy together ...

Best as always !
Charles
Stevie P
Level5
Level5

Post by Stevie P »

I agree - great stuff Cibator.

I also like the Latin inscription (Very G.D ish). 'It is right for the host to instruct'.

Stevie P
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Dear all,

I thought you might like an account of "work in progress".

So far, following a suggestion from one of our 'regulars', we've got Nick lined up to lead a discussion on "Astral Projection - Fact or Fiction", and John Runter has agreed to give another talk to follow last year's 'hit', this time entitled "DW - How others saw him".

We'll obviously show "The Lost Continent" as that's the only other 'proper film' that is outstanding (I hope you'll all agree you don't want to watch 'To The Devil a Daughter' !).

We're working on other attractions and I'll keep you posted as we arrange them.

All ideas still very much welcome !

Best as always !
Charles
duncanpaul17
Level4
Level4

Post by duncanpaul17 »

Charles,

Once again congratulations on another great convention.

Like everyone I missed Iwan and Nick, and send my best wishes to them both and to their wives.

I would also like to thank and congratulate everyone who stood in to fill gaps left by the above two gentlemen, both have big shoes to fill.

It was also nice to meet Garnet, Elizabeth and Bill and hope next year we can all be there, plus other new faces ?

All the best

Duncan
CharlesAdmin
Level2
Level2

Post by CharlesAdmin »

Dear Duncan,

You're most kind - thank you.

I absolutely agree it was a great Convention, and my thanks in turn to all our wonderful delegates - I hope everyone got home (or to Claridges !) safely.

I too was enormously sorry that Nick and Iwan couldn't make it, and look forward to seeing them next time, but didn't everyone "muck in" beautifully ! And as for Ken's aperitif and dessert wine, and Steve's skill with the programmes and bookmarks, what can I say ... (other Steve - I'm looking forward to saying thank you for another great review shortly !)

All in all, again thank you to everyone for making it such a marvellous event, thank you to our new arrivals (Bill - do please bring your banjo next time !), and Nat and I can't wait until next time !

Best to all as always

Charles
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Dear All,

Just a quick update. Nick gave me a call this morning and I'm delighted to hear that Mally is on the mend.

All best to all as always !
Charles

Return to “General Topics”