Convention 2010

The place to post anything DW-related
Charles
Level5
Level5

Convention 2010

Post by Charles »

Well, I've just got home from a superb 2009 Convention, and it's time for us to start thinking about next year ...

You thoughts, please !!!

Best to all !
Charles
Sir_Dan_of_Cure
Level1
Level1

Post by Sir_Dan_of_Cure »

I must confess that I enquired into this years convention several months ago and events of the last few months (moving house/changing jobs, etc) have distracted me from this site so the upshot is that I did not go.

Is next year's likely to be the same time (I am presuming Autumn) and is there any way of being added to a newsletter or notification list if you are forgetful like me?

Dan
"The Silver Knight" by Daniel Cure...now available online... http://stores.lulu.com/danielcure

Visit the website at www.danielcure.co.uk
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Dear Dan,

I've made a note to remind you !

Looking to 'strike while the iron is hot', was the consensus for the 2010 Convention to be held at the Edgewarebury Hotel again, and in late Summer ?

And apart from showing 'Uncharted Seas' (the only film we haven't shown - I would be extremely reluctant to have a screening of 'To The Devil A Daughter' !), any thoughts on other events ?

Ideas welcome !

Best as always
Charles
ken68
Level5
Level5

Post by ken68 »

well charles i have been laid low with a bout of flu since comming back so although i have been on the boards posting a bit more than usual i haven't had a chance to say how much mary and i enjoyed this years bash. it really was great to see everyone again and a big hand to all the organisers.
we are generally free all year but i have to say that this time of year and localle really is ideal for as we could combine the convention with a christmas shopping trip to the big smoke (with some DW inspired diversions obviously :D ). but we will go when and where called. all in the line of duty you understand.
i am working on another little surprise for next year :-) , as is my good lady and when she can it to a reasonable stage she will be in touch if thats ok?

already looking forward to next years.
k&m
Sir_Dan_of_Cure
Level1
Level1

Post by Sir_Dan_of_Cure »

Thanks Charles! I'll ensure my diary is dusted off next time...
"The Silver Knight" by Daniel Cure...now available online... http://stores.lulu.com/danielcure

Visit the website at www.danielcure.co.uk
Stevie P
Level5
Level5

Post by Stevie P »

Charles,

I am generally OK with anytime of the year but we generally tend to go on hols at the beginning of September. Just something to keep in mind.
Elstree is fine with me if everyone else is happy with that. I'd love to do the Salisbury Plain Car chase but I can understand that its not as convenient for some as Elstree; an overnighter would be essential; which I would probably do if everyone else was in favour.
I think late summer is probably a better time to have the convention as the weather is better. We were lucky this year as the November weather was kind to us. It may not always be the case.
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Thanks all for the feedback so far ... the more the merrier ...

Hope you're over the 'flu soon Ken. You gave us all such a wonderful surprise this year. Thank you !!!

All best to everyone !
Charles
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Well, Spring's here, so perhaps this is a good time to get this thread going again ....

Consensus another session at the Edgewarebury hotel ????

Consensus late Summer ??? Like Steve P, I would find the beginning of September (and probably the very end of August) a bit difficult - in my case because my son starts at a new school and I'll want to settle him in.

As usual, Nick, Steve W and I will work on guest speakers, but unless anyone can think of anything I've missed, I think we'll be a bit short on the video side .... apart from 'The Lost Continent' I can't think of any other video material of any length that we haven't already seen - although we could always do re-showings ....

All thoughts most welcome ....

I'm already looking forward to it !
Charles
Nick
Level5
Level5

Post by Nick »

I've got something on the video side that might be good, and a few ideas as well. I've been ridiculously busy, and I have neglected DW of Late, hopefully that will change soon.
kind regards to all
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Dear All,

End September seems a possibility for many (? all who have replied ?).

Can I please check if you could all make Saturday 25th September ?

If you can I'll send out a more general alert and see if it would suit others.

Of course we'll still have to debate what we're doing (unless anyone says differently, my understanding is that the consensus is to go back to the Edgewarebury Hotel), but I'm sure we'll come up with some suitable things !

Can you please let me know if that date would suit ?

Best as always !
Charles
Stevie P
Level5
Level5

Post by Stevie P »

Charles.

Sept 25th is fine with me.

Steve
ken68
Level5
Level5

Post by ken68 »

ideal for us charles. keep us posted and looking forward to it already.
ken
duncanpaul17
Level4
Level4

Post by duncanpaul17 »

Charles,

25th September looks ok for me

Best regards

Duncan
Steve Whatley
Level5
Level5

Post by Steve Whatley »

Charles, sorry to take so long to reply.

At present 25th September looks good for Jean and me as far as we can tell.

So we will keep it free and hope very much that we will be able to attend.

It's nearly four months away, but no doubt will descend upon us before we know it!

It's certainly not too early to think about booking the hotel.

Best Wishes, Steve[font=Courier New] [/font]
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Dear All,

A slight snag. The Edgewarebury Hotel is getting popular !

While last year we had a free run of dates, this year their calendar is almost fully booked - for weddings !

I can't blame people; great venue.

The only dates they can offer us are Saturday 11th September or Saturday 30th October (Halloween ?).

On both, the Arkeley Room (where we were last year) is already booked, but the Aldenham (where we were the first year) is free.

The Regency Room (where we had dinner on both previous Conventions) is free.

Given their booking situation, I ought to making a booking very early next week if I can.

Can you all please let me know your availability ?

Many thanks !
Charles

Return to “General Topics”