Ephemera

The place to post anything DW-related
Bob Rothwell
Webmaster
Webmaster

Ephemera

Post by Bob Rothwell »

I would dearly love to do a web page covering items of ephemera – publicity material, trade handouts, point of sale material, interesting letters, bookmarks, in fact anything that isn't a published piece of work connected to Dennis Wheatley. I have a limited number of items, but not enough to make a page a worthwhile project. Is there anyone out there who can help with pictures/information?

(Message moved here from the old Library)
Steve Whatley

Post by Steve Whatley »

I just might be able to help you... Congratulations on another great idea (The Library) which should lead to an even more comprehensive website! Shouldn't 'communications center' be spelt the English way?

Bob Rothwell
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bob Rothwell »

Welcome Steve and thanks for your eagle eyes - now corrected!

Mike Fletcher
Level2
Level2

Post by Mike Fletcher »

Just registered with the Library although I have been a regular visitor to the website for some time. I received a gift of a bookmark with a book I purchased recently which, it is alleged, was already in the 1st edition. It is certainly from around 1950 although undated and I will send separately a photo which may not do justice and a photocopy in the mail. Good luck with this new venture.
Bob Rothwell
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bob Rothwell »

Mike - before you spend your money on postage, I have also just got a 50s bookmark which sounds like the one you have. Have a look at this:

I calculate from its wording that it was issued with 'The Second Seal' in 1950, but don't know for sure. If any one does know for certain, please let us know.
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

I have the bookmark which was issued with the last Roger Brook novel, DESPERATE MEASURES, lisitng the titles of all the books in the series, and the dates covered in their plots.

:D
Bob Rothwell
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bob Rothwell »

Jim wrote:I have the bookmark which was issued with the last Roger Brook novel, DESPERATE MEASURES, lisitng the titles of all the books in the series, and the dates covered in their plots.

:D
Can you post a picture of it?
Last edited by Bob Rothwell on Sat 13 Aug, 2005 18:05:11, edited 1 time in total.
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

First, my apologies for not signing my previous post.

Second, having checked the actual bookmark, it lists the titles, but *not* the historical dates of the series. (Those are in an appendix in the book itself.)

Anyway, I have no scanner myself, but I will see who among my friends might be able to do this for me.

[added by webmaster on behalf of Jim]:
[align=center]Image[/align]
Jim
Wayne
Level1
Level1

Ephemera

Post by Wayne »

Thanks for this topic Bob. After reading Jim's reply, I thought the bookmark looked very familiar. So I went to my collection and pulled out my copy of Desperate Measures which I hadn't looked at for over 30 years. Sure enough, inside the book was an identical bookmark to Jim's! So now I can say that I too have some Wheatley ephemera! :D

Wayne

Return to “General Topics”