Introductions

Here's where you can tell us about yourself
Garry Holmes
Level5
Level5

Post by Garry Holmes »

Welcome to the fold, Dave. Hope that you enjoy yourself. This is terrific site, with some very nice people in it.
TonyGosling
Level1
Level1

Post by TonyGosling »

Dear all - I just successfully reigstered here but have been an avid Wheatley reader on and off for over twenty years.
Two weeks or so I had the pleasure of interviewing Bishop Sean Manchester.
He dedicated his book - The Highgate Vampire - to Montague Summers, the vampirologist Dennis met in order to research for his Black Magic novels.
Those interviews are appearing online here over the next few weeks and, I hope, offer quite an insight into the world Dennis was writing about.
The first two are here
http://radio4all.net/index.php/program/57004
and here
http://radio4all.net/index.php/program/57137
and the subsequent editions will, God willing, appear here
http://radio4all.net/index.php/series/B ... -operative

I would like to give something back as I have so enjoyed reading Dennis' novels for pure pleasure - spurred ever onward by that fertile imagination - always surrounded by historical fact.
Understanding to what extent our forefathers mission - defeating evil in World War Two - took place on the spiritual plane.
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Dear Tony,

A very warm welcome to the site !

Your post with the links is very much appreciated and I completely endorse - as will all your other new friends in the Library - your wish to "give something back" !

Very best wishes and many happy Posts !
Charles
Jack Van Ryn
Level1
Level1

Post by Jack Van Ryn »

Evening everybody! This is my first post on this forum! :-)

I was first introduced to Dennis Wheatley by my Dad a few years ago. We are both prolific readers of all types of novels...Of course, it was "The Devil Rides Out" which first sparked my interest in Dennis Wheatley! I was surprised to read a book, that was written in the 1930s, which not only dealt with outrageously taboo subjects but was also a genuine page turner!

After becoming a bona-fide fanboy of Dennis Wheatley a few months ago; I was surprised to find out that there were precious few sources that related to him online! Which I found very surprising when I discovered how popular he was and how many of his books were sold!

Now I am making my way through all of his novels; I have discovered, to my pleasure, that Wheatley was a gifted Thriller / Adventure story writer; whereas I was led to believe, by many modern sources, that he was primarily a Black Magic / Witchcraft writer!

His writing style is fluid and exhilarating and I am hoping to increase my knowledge further through discussion and analysis on this forum! :-D
Steve Whatley
Level5
Level5

Post by Steve Whatley »

Hello Jack,

Welcome to the Library. It is always nice to see a new face contributing to this site. I hope you find plenty of DW information to interest you.

St. John's Wood is a very 'DW' location; it also means you are handily placed to attend our Conventions at Elstree! I hope we might meet you there later this year.

Best Wishes, Steve[font=Courier New] [/font]
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Seconded !

A very warm welcome to the Library.

Wishing you many happy posts !
Charles

Return to “Introductions”