The Devil is a Gentleman

The place to post anything DW-related
Charles
Level5
Level5

The Devil is a Gentleman

Post by Charles »

Dear All

You might be interested to know that Dedalus have put up an advance page about Phil Baker's forthcoming book.

To see it, click the following link :

http://www.dedalusbooks.com/catalog.php?id=00000209&s=1

I don't want to 'wish our lives away', but roll on September !

All best !
Charles
Stevie P
Level5
Level5

Post by Stevie P »

Charles,

Many thanks for this posting . The book sounds excellent.
I never knew about dedalus and the type of books they promote. I had a look at the range of authors and titles they issue and I was very impressed. The only problem here is that there are so many quality books included that I would love to delve into, but there are only 'so many' hours in a lifetime that I'll never get round to reading them all.

I, like you will be waiting for Sept 1st. I'm pleased that Phil Baker has produced the book with the very recognisable dust cover that DW used. I remember buying 'The Devil and all his works' from WH Smiths' all those years ago.

PS. my dates for the convention are still the same as I have previously mentioned.

Steve
Cibator
Level4
Level4

Post by Cibator »

I notice the said preview refers to " ..... a British scheme to engineer a revival of Islam."

Well! Whatever it was seems to have succeeded in spades. Now I feel I just have to know what the intended consequences were. Foresight of the unintended ones that are now all too apparent would surely have caused the whole thing to be aborted at the outset.
Fas est et ab hoste doceri
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

Cibator wrote:I notice the said preview refers to "...a British scheme to engineer a revival of Islam."
I suspect that's a reference to the otherwise-unpublished romantic thriller Of Vice and Virtue. (DW refers to it briefly in Drink and Ink.) It's a shame that Hutchinson repeatedly missed the chance to make this available to collectors. Even today, I bet a limited edition would sell...
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

The smart money is always on Jim.

All best !
Charles
ken68
Level5
Level5

Post by ken68 »

can't wait.so no one else is admitting to having pre ordered it?
do i see a discussion session at the convention.
ken
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

ken68 wrote: so no one else is admitting to having pre ordered it? ken
I didn't realize you could! No U.S. publisher is going to pick this up, so off to Bookdepository...
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Just to let you know, we'll have a few more weeks to wait ... Dedalus have slightly changed their publication schedule - The Devil Is A Gentleman is now going to be published on 31st October rather than 1st September.

Gives us a few more weeks to look forward to it ....

All best !
Charles

Return to “General Topics”