dw in new war deception book

The place to post anything DW-related
ken68
Level5
Level5

dw in new war deception book

Post by ken68 »

hi all. sorry if his has posted before but haven't been on to much of late, way to busy at work.
anyway not read it yet but dw is included in a new book called "churchhills wizards" by nicholas rankin. all about the deception planners during the war.

ken
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Many thanks for that Ken

I wasn't aware of it and will go out and order a copy straightaway !

All best !
Charles
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Hot on the heels of 'Churchill's Wizards', I've just been advised of another new book about WWII which mentions Dennis Wheatley - 'Deceiving Hitler - Double-cross & Deception in World War II' by Terry Crowdy. Published by Osprey Publications on 3rd September this year.

The index shows a number of references to DW but I haven't seen a hard copy of the book yet.

I'll put the usual details on the main website in due course.

It looks as if DW's wartime activities are becoming quite topical !

All best to everyone
Charles
ken68
Level5
Level5

Post by ken68 »

had a trawl thu this in the local tesco ( :-D ) and have to say it ain't to complimentary on old DW. describes his stories as ludicrous. was going to bu it but at £17 for a few breif not very nice mentions didn't seem worth it.
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

DW in Tesco ????

Things must be looking up (?!?)

All best !

:D
Charles
Garry Holmes
Level5
Level5

Post by Garry Holmes »

CHURCHILL'S WIZARDS is very complimentary about THE DECEPTION PLANNERS, even if Rankin doesn't seem to like DW's fiction. I'm amazed that no-one has seen fit to reprint THE DECEPTION PLANNERS. Given the growing interest in the subject, you'd think that any publisher of WWII related subjects would jump at it.

Return to “General Topics”