A forthcoming auction that may be of interest

Odds and sods for collectors.
Charles
Level5
Level5

A forthcoming auction that may be of interest

Post by Charles »

Dear All,

A correspondent has mentioned to me that he is auctioning his first editions of "The Forbidden Territory" and "The Devil Rides Out".

They are both signed but lack - I believe - dustjackets.

If you are interested in these desirable items, they are being auctioned separately on the 18th of August 2010 at auctioneers Andrew Hilditch and Son, Hanover House, 1A The Square, Sandbach, Cheshire , CW11 1AP.

The auction begins at 10.30 a.m. The phone number for the auction house is 01270 767246 which is also a fax number or 01270 762048.

All best to all !
Charles
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Dear All,

The vendor has given me some additional information as follows :-

The Devil Rides Out has the front of its dust jacket artwork and also pasted inside the front cover is a letter typed from Wheatley on his letter headed note paper to a serviceman who wrote to him after reading the story and having nightmares. Wheatley has signed it at the bottom. The Forbidden Territory is signed by Wheatley on the title page.

Details are I believe also available on an eBay entry and anyone interested in bidding should of course check the details with the auctioneers.

Kind regards as always
Charles
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Just to finish, I believe looking at the eBay description that while The Forbidden Territory is signed, The Devil Rides Out is unsigned, albeit accompanied by a signed letter.

As I say, best to check with the vendor or the auctioneers.

Again kind regards
Charles

Return to “Collectors' Corner”