Julian's Quest

Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

Steve Whatley wrote: At the risk of mixing different topics, and possibly repeating previous posts, can anyone think of a worse DW cover?
I have two candidates, from the same series: the eyeball cover for The Dark Secret of Josephine, and the man peering out of what I guess is meant to be a carving on a sacrificial altar on Unholy Crusade. What were they thinking?
ericmocata
Level5
Level5

Post by ericmocata »

A worse cover? I'd have to say the Book Club edition of Strange Story of Linda Lee. That is one ugly cover. It doesn't look like a Dennis Wheatley novel. It looks like some quirky novel 10-year-old girls would read.

I'd also say pretty much any of the Mandarin covers. Those are just uninspired and rather hokey-looking.
Steve Whatley
Level5
Level5

Post by Steve Whatley »

Ah yes, the Book Club 'Linda Lee'!

How could I forget? That has to be the new front-runner for the prize!

[font=Times New Roman] [/font]
ericmocata
Level5
Level5

Post by ericmocata »

How could you forget? It's very simple, you blocked it from your memory. Of course, now you've been forced to face that memory, but that's okay, it should help you cope with the mental scarring that cover caused. Please make the check out to Dr. Mocata.... :badgrin:
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

Charles wrote:DW's original intention was to write six Julian Day novels, each devoted to the destruction of one of his enemies. I'm rather sorry that - because the public had less enthusiasm for the Julian Day novels than some of his others - he never wrote more than three. If DW books are ever continued in the way that James Bond books were, I hope this is a gap which will be filled - and well.
There's also a hole in the de Richleau chronology that could be filled. Several mentions are made of the Duke's Russian relations, the Plackoffs, and in Dangerous Inheritance, he is said to have rescued one from execution during the 1917 Revolution. It's a tale that needs telling...
Steve Whatley
Level5
Level5

Post by Steve Whatley »

ericmocata wrote:How could you forget? It's very simple, you blocked it from your memory. Of course, now you've been forced to face that memory, but that's okay, it should help you cope with the mental scarring that cover caused. Please make the check out to Dr. Mocata.... :badgrin:
[font=Times New Roman] [/font]Cheque (did you mean?)? Cheque? You must be joking! I'd successfully blocked that cover from my memory (thanks for pointing that out), and you remind me of same, thus renewing the trauma, and now you expect payment???? In true US tradition I'm planning to sue you for the psychological damage you've caused me!

Return to “The Quest of Julian Day”