Lymington story collections?

The place to ask for that elusive book!
Jim
Level5
Level5

Lymington story collections?

Post by Jim »

Are the Lymington editions of GUNMEN, GALLANTS, AND GHOSTS and MEDITERRANEAN NIGHTS the hardest titles in that series to find? I have standing searches on eBay, and check bookfinder.com all the time, but these almost never turn up, and then only in poor condition. (I'm not surprised that I never see the Lymington TDRO, but that's probably *the* best known Wheatley title.) Also, I have never seen any of the Century Hurchinson series, the last Wheatley hardcovers to be issued...

I actually found the boxed set of the first Lymington volumes--with the signed FORBIDDEN TERRITORY--in a shop here in New York City, and got it for next to nothing. But I can't turn up those two collections...
Last edited by Jim on Fri 13 Jun, 2008 14:49:54, edited 1 time in total.
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

You did well with the boxed set !
Charles
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

<< You did well with the boxed set! >>

Very well indeed, as I didn't have individual copies of all the books in it. The box itself was in very poor condition, but it had protected the books, at least.

-------------------------------------------

I should update this thread by saying that I did, finally, get a Lymington copy of Mediterranean Nights...and a signed one to boot! Gunmen, however, continues to elude me...
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

Jim wrote: I should update this thread by saying that I did, finally, get a Lymington copy of Mediterranean Nights...and a signed one to boot! Gunmen, however, continues to elude me...
NOT ANY MORE! :D

My package came today, with my very own copy of the Lymington Gunmen, purchased through eBay.

Now maybe one or two of those Century Hutchinson editions...
Darren
Level5
Level5

Post by Darren »

Congratulations Jim. =D>

7 years - I admire your patience and tenacity.

Enjoy.
Regards,

Darren.
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

Darren wrote: Congratulations Jim. 7 years - I admire your patience and tenacity.
It must be even longer, because at the time of my original posting in this thread, I had already set up wants at eBay.

It was a good week because I also found the last two Janet Neel mysteries in signed British firsts. Of course, she only wrote seven books in her series!
KLP85
Level2
Level2

Post by KLP85 »

Congrats! It must be a good feeling to have completed the set. One day I might do the same with my collection.

Return to “Wants”