Frederick Frosyth and the Occult

Anything non-DW if you insist!
Cibator
Level4
Level4

Frederick Frosyth and the Occult

Post by Cibator »

An unlikely bracketing, as I'm sure most of you would agree who have read Mr Forsyth's novels, set as they are in a very material world indeed.

But on pages 112-13 of his recently published memoir The Outsider, he recounts an episode that has curious parallels to DW's encounter with the clairvoyant Henry Dewhirst at the outset of his own writing career.

I won't spoil the fun by revealing any more for now. Just get a copy of The Outsider and be prepared to be surprised. (It's a damn good read in lots of other respects as well.)
Fas est et ab hoste doceri
shanedwyer
Level5
Level5

Post by shanedwyer »

I've enjoyed reading FF's stuff on long haul flights. Not enough to buy the man's autobiography though. But I may well scan a copy next time I'm in a Waterstones. So thanks for the page numbers Cibator.
Darren
Level5
Level5

Post by Darren »

I haven't read FF for years and years - and I used to love his books. I must catch up with his more recent novels - thanks Cibator.

FF and DW did meet. FF was a fan of DW - particularly the Roger Brooks novels and the occult books. In the foreward to Craig Cabell's book, Churchill's Storyteller, FF describes how they met at a lunch just after the publication of FF's Day of the Jackal in 1971. And, of course, Iwan Morelius relates the story in more detail on this site: http://www.denniswheatley.info/tenpeople.htm

FF was in the RAF and it emerged recently that he was a spy for MI6.
Regards,

Darren.

Return to “Off-Topic”