Nick Dow on TV this Monday

Anything non-DW if you insist!
Nick
Level5
Level5

Nick Dow on TV this Monday

Post by Nick »

I am on BBC TV North West ' Inside Out' Monday 19.30. If you are in the south you will need to select BBC North West on your Sattelite to recieve it. Well its me or Coronation Street! That probably counts out 90% of the Northern Audience! See you soon.
duncanpaul17
Level4
Level4

Post by duncanpaul17 »

Nick,

Do you know if this programme will be available on line after broadcast for those of us not in your area?

All the best

Duncan
Nick
Level5
Level5

Post by Nick »

I believe it will. However if you have Sky you can select BBC N.West and see/record it live.
duncanpaul17
Level4
Level4

Post by duncanpaul17 »

Thanks Nick. Unfortunately haven't invested in sky but look forward to picking up the prog on-line

All the best

Duncan
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

I'm in the same position as Duncan.

If anyone can alert me when it's online (and instruct me how to get to it !), I'd be most grateful !

Best as always !
Charles
Stevie P
Level5
Level5

Post by Stevie P »

Me too. I don't have sky. If we can't see it on BBC i player after the event, I suppose a DVD copy if thats possible?

Stevie P
duncanpaul17
Level4
Level4

Post by duncanpaul17 »

Nick

Managed to catch you on-line displaying another one of your talents.

If I recall correctly, during conversations at the convention, you said you once did a research into old forgotten songs.

Any of these from the Roger Brook era you could probably entertain us with at the next convention?

Best Regards

Duncan
Stevie P
Level5
Level5

Post by Stevie P »

Just for info. Nicks programme can be viewed on http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 6_11_2009/

Steve
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

Stevie P wrote:Just for info. Nicks programme can be viewed on http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... 16_11_2009
But not here in the colonies....

:(
Last edited by Jim on Tue 24 Nov, 2009 00:28:18, edited 1 time in total.
Nick
Level5
Level5

Post by Nick »

After seven hours filming over three days, I am more than a bit dissapointed that I was on for about three seconds without any billing! However I have been on lots before so I suppose I should not moan, and it was good for traveller education.
As regards songs from the Roger Brook era, the answer is loads of them, from the Napoleonic period and probably earlier. I will have to think a bit though.
Darren
Level5
Level5

Post by Darren »

And three years later the DW conventioners enjoyed the fruits of Nick having "a bit of a think" at the 2012 Convention (see that year's convention report for details). I missed out as I didn't attend my first convention until a year later.

However - I noticed that Nick Dow was advertised as performing at a venue quite close to where I live. So last night I went to see him in concert at a local folk club and I had a great night.

Nick's got a great voice - full, round, with a slight hint of gravel that is perfect for the folk genre. His humerous anecdotes were entertaining and full of human interest. I've never heard the songs before but they were beautiful. And Nick's guitarwork is equally beautiful.

I can't praise the evening enough - it was a great night. When he finished (at almost 11.30pm) the whole club was wanting more. If he's performing in your area you must go and see him.

Thanks Nick - where can we get details of future gigs?
Regards,

Darren.

Return to “Off-Topic”