Astral Attack or a bad dream

Anything non-DW if you insist!
Nick
Level5
Level5

Astral Attack or a bad dream

Post by Nick »

I thought long and hard about adding this post, but I have decided to share my experiences with like minded people. I have been a member for a long time and have had the pleasure of meeting a number of members at the convention, so I hope you can accept that I am serious and not a nut case when I let you know that on numerous occasions I have experienced out of body journeys and on three occasions been the subject of an astral attack, the latest being only last night.
The first was when I was a child and I was pursued back into my body by something very evil and scary
The second was eighteen months ago when what DW would call a 'Black' attacked me on the astral then as I woke up jumped on my back, put its arms around my throat and tried to pull me back out of my body.
Last night was the most graphic yet, I have been suffering from a bad cold and cough, and rather than wake my wife I spent a couple of hours on the sofa, to allow myself time to stop coughing. I fell lasleep and as I left my body, felt a blast of icy cold wind (straight out of a DW novel!) however you have to feel it to believe it, it travelled right down my body and raised the hairs on my arms and neck. Like a fool, I challenged it on the Astral. It was totaly dark except for one area of red light. What ever it was pushed me back towards my body, then backed off in surrender. As a returned to wakefulness the 'Black' came at me again, jumping on me beating at me with hands and feet (which seemed very small and did not hurt) and then left me with the mind message that it had fooled me. I admit that I was scared (and I do not scare easily) I switched the lights on and banished it (no excorcisms-just every four letter word I could think of!) I came back down stairs five minutes later and caught a glimpse of something peering up the stairs at me. I admit I did call in true Wheatley style for some help and then passed the rest of the night untroubled.

Well...There it is. As a bit of background I am slightly psycic. (Not as much as my wife, who as a Romany Gypsy has taught me to read the cards) and I quite often pick up feelings in buildings of the persons who lived there, and can sometimes describe them. Other than that, I often have out of body experiences and I am quite used to them. The physical manifestations of attack are very real I felt those arms round my neck and I felt those punches, and it was at a moment when I was neither asleep or awake.

One of three things are happening. I am prone to bad dreams and have been reading too much DW, or I am acting like an idiot on the astral and looking for trouble, or I have the ability to develop Astral projection and should pursue this further.

Has anybody else had any similar experiences...........
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Nick

Many commiserations on your recent ghastly experience - I sincerely hope it does not recur, whether its causes are of a natural or a supernatural origin.

I'm sure this is a theme on which several members will wish to comment and share experiences, but as it's not directly pertaining to DW and his novels, I will shortly move it into the 'Off Topic section' of the Library for people to continue discussion there.

It may be that we will start to assemble material for another volume in the 'Library of the Occult' ...

On an utterly serious note, whatever the cause may be, do take care of yourself
Charles
Stevie P
Level5
Level5

Post by Stevie P »

Nick,

I would also like to offer my sincere commiserations regarding last nights events. It sounds awful.

I wish I could offer explanations or words of wisdom but I can't. The fact that you have not been well may have made you more susceptable to these attacks. Have you been reading the cards more than usual?
Perhaps banishing rituals in advance may help.

I have never really thought that I have accessed the Astral (unless knowing that you are dreaming amd controlling them counts??) This, I have done.
However you mentioned that the surroundings were totally dark apart from a red light. This really does ring a bell but it turned out to be the one and only occasion and was the most amazing feeling of warmth and love that I have ever experienced.
This was in no way sexual. I was distraught when I woke up. I desperately wanted to go back. I never have.

If there is any connection here then I can only say that there is good and bad there. Can the good banish the bad?? You must be sure it can.

Thoughts and Best wishes
Nick
Level5
Level5

Post by Nick »

It's half past eleven on Tuesday evening, and I admit that I am slightly nervous of going to sleep,however I have found that asking for help from loved ones who have gone before seemed to give me an untroubled night last night. Maybe there was some point to all those childhood prayers. I have not read cards for anybody for over two months, and I have never taken money. It's quite interesting that I 'see' spirits or ghosts if you like all the time. and it never worries me! Usually shades who move past and once the partial materialisation of my Father. It seems that if I open up my mind (or rush out onto the Astral like John Wayne in a shoot out) then what or who tells me what or who they are. Maybe I've been unlucky recently, and my job is to find out how to protect myself on the Astral. Thanks for taking me seriously and for your kind comments.
caroline$-0
Level3
Level3

Post by caroline$-0 »

Hello Nick ,how did you sleep last night
Nick
Level5
Level5

Post by Nick »

No Problems Thank God. I have been given some protection on the astral from friends and loved ones who have gone before, and last night I saw nothing at all and had no dreams of any sort. Thank you so much for your interest. I am going to have to learn how to look after myself more effectively, and not rely on others. This is the first time I have discussed this matter other than with my wife, and I really appreciate your replies.
Nick
Level5
Level5

Post by Nick »

Last night a Catholic Priest came to me on the Astral,and blessed every room in our cottage. (It did not look the same on the astral-but I knew where I was) One room was freezing cold and I could see my breath. The Priest used incense in every room which smelt beautiful. I thanked him and he left. Maybe this is an end to my problems? I hope so. ..and also enough from me talking about myself off topic.Thank you for your comments and good wishes.
caroline$-0
Level3
Level3

Post by caroline$-0 »

I'm glad to see that things may have been resolved for you,wishing you continued peaceful nights.
Alan
Level5
Level5

Post by Alan »

The American writer Robert A Monroe describes a similar attack in his book "Journeys out of the body", so you are not alone.

If my reading on the subject is correct, then some kind of cosmic law prevents nasty elementals from doing any really nasty damage to you (for example, poltergeists can make a pest of themselves but are not allowed to kill people) - nonetheless, they feed from your fear and can make for a pretty unpleasant night, so it's as well to have some form of protection handy.

My suggestion - do exactly what Le Duc or another of the modern musketeers would do, and "think blue" - if the "black" really was a nasty manifestation from the lower astral then imagining a blue crucifix and horseshoe surmounting your forehead and your whole body surrounded by ethereal blue light should protect you from it, and most probably drive it away.

I'm not so sure challenging it (you weren't specific as to how) or engaging in a swearing competition with it would help. Your willingness to stand up to it *might* have made it back off - on the other hand it might have been attracted by the "blackness" of your thoughts and hung around longer.

If, on t'other hand, it was a dream (and since you read a fair bit of DW this is a reasonably credible theory, no offence meant) then "thinking blue" would still help. Since the monster, which was created by your imagination, inspired by DW's books, would obey the same "internal" logic as the fiction that created it - and be driven away by exactly what works in the fictional "universe" it comes from.

Either way, I join with Caroline in wishing you peaceful nights from now on.

:)
Nick
Level5
Level5

Post by Nick »

Thank you for that Alan. Very much appreciated. I just can not believe it was only a dream because of the very real physical feelings of attack that I experienced (the punches and the arms round my neck) and yes I was scared. I do tend to come out fighting, in every area of my life (30 years self employed!!) the challenge I stupidly issued was a sort of South London 'come on and try it and see how far you get' and my wakeful four letter tirade was more of the same. However when I saw the face peering at me then I called for help from all who look after me, (and I have been a very lucky man over the years) The priest who came to me was far from pleased with me and made it plain that I should behave with more consideration. Since his visit I have been left in peace. I have also been (guided?) towards an interesting book about contacting your spirit guides, which has a chapter on astral attacks.
Thank you again Alan
Esmond
Level1
Level1

Seen and the UnSeen realms

Post by Esmond »

Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.
- Sir Arthur Eddington
My dear good Sir,

Whilst we must always be cognizant of the fact that dreams may seem very real indeed, we must also not be of the mindset that states that ALL such phenomena are merely tricks of the mind or light.

I have to profess that I find the arrogance of the materialists, both scientists and lay person alike, to be astonishing.

I should think that spontaneous Out of Body Experiences (OBE) are as likely as a willed astral projection, to expose the soul to dangers of a very real and substantial nature.

I should say that what we most often see today amongst the so-called practitioners of occult arts is an amazing amalagam of disbelief and at the same time an utter incredulity which is just so dangerous. While not at all seriously believing that anything is really out there they will, nevertheless, engage in all sorts of rites and invocations summoning up gods, demons and what not. Now when nothing appears, or nothing seems to happen, they feel comfortable and laugh it off. This is where the most malignant of forces have an opportunity to do their worst.

I should say that it was this Crowleyean idea of combining atheism with occult wanderings that I had found most intriguing--somehow I was able to come to my senses and survive that.

Wheatley, may God forever preserve his writings for us and our posterity, actually understood this better than anyone writing then or now, in non-fiction or fiction.

Some, sooner or later, gain some measure of maturity, albeit it is a rare thing to see today, at least in the United States, and realize that what one has dismissed as mere
Momma's God might just be something in our heritage that was there for a reason.

There is a wonderful depiction of this in Albert Finney's adaptation of Kingsley Amis' The Green Man, whilst the Vicar of the CoE parish is all modern, i.e. atheistic, the heritage of that faith is pressed into service. It is really a wonderful film and Finney is superb.

I have already probably bored all too many of my dear friends here at the Library so let me close with the man who is the very reason we are all here today, NB The Devil Rides Out is as good a resource for protection prayers and symbols as any I have ever come across:

I do not know the official views of others, but the Roman Church, whose authority comes unbroken over nineteen centuries from the time when Our Lord made St. Peter his viceregent on earth, has ever admitted the existence of the evil power. Why else should they have issued so many ordinances against it, or at the present time so unhesitatingly condemn all spiritualistic practices which they regard as the modern counterparts of necromancy, by which Hells emissaries seek to lure weak, foolish and trusting people into their net?
I cant agree to that, Rex demurred. I know a number of Spiritualists, men and women of the utmost rectitude.
Perhaps. De Richleau was arranging Simons limp body. They are entitled to their opinion and he who thinks rightly lives rightly. No doubt their high principles act as a protective barrier between them and the more dangerous entities of the spirit world.
...there is nothing to prevent a member of the Roman Church asking Divine aid for any man whatever his race or creed. Fortunately I was baptised a Catholic and, although I may not be a good one, I believe that with the grace of God, power will be granted to me this night to help our poor friend.
Kneel down now and pray silently, for all prayers are good if the heart is earnest and perhaps those of the Church of England more efficacious than others since we are now in the English countryside. It is for that reason I recite certain psalms from the book of Common Prayer. Are you sure of that? Baptism into the Christian Faith doesnt ensure one going to Heaven, why should this other sprinkling be a guarantee of anyone going to Hell?
Its such a big question, Rex, but briefly it is like this. Heaven and Hell are only symbolical of growth to Light or disintegration to Darkness. By Christian-or any other true religious baptism, we renounce the Devil and all his Works, thereby erecting a barrier which it is difficult for Evil forces to surmount
Even the greatest seekers after Truth have done little more than lift the corner of the veil which hides the vast Unknown...
--Duke de Richleau
Nick
Level5
Level5

Post by Nick »

Thank you Esmond,
That was an awful lot of typing . I think I grasped the gist of your advice. Meanwhile I have had no more trouble, and I have ordered the book kindly recommended by Alan.
many thanks
Nick

Return to “Off-Topic”