Here's where you can tell us about yourself
oldjiver
Level3
Level3

Post by oldjiver »

My name is Steve Biggs, I an 66 years old and retired. I worked in the docks at Harwich International for 35 years until disability meant I had to retire early. I was actively involved with the company and was a Director of our pension scheme Trustee company, and for many years a tutor for my trades union. My other "director" job was directing the traffic as I was in charge of the ships loading area. :lol: I found Dennis Wheatley at quite an early age, "The Devil Rides Out" being my introduction. I have read and re-read most of his other books over the years, with the exception of the Roger Brook series, as I dont seem to have the same "feel" for that period as I do for the other novels. I live in the Tendring Peninsula, and have been to some of the sites mentioned in Dennis's books. In fact I am going to "Shingle Street" later today to take some pictures relating to "Black August", as it is not far from my holiday home.
Although I am an atheist, I have always been interested in the "unusual". I have been an investigator for a UFO group, and have read extensively on religion, in order that I may have sensible conversations with a clergyman that I admired greatly.
I have joined this site primarily because I have never found a book so well written or a person as interesting as Dennis Wheatley. I am afraid I wont have much to add, apart from maybe photographs of places nearby that are mentioned in his books. But I am sure I will enjoy the articles from those more expert than myself.
ken68
Level5
Level5

Post by ken68 »

welcome to the library steve :smt039 .
never fails to amaze me the wide demographic of people who follow our DW.
not being very technically minded I don't know how you would do it but I would love to see any pics of shingle street and the Martello tower.

ken
oldjiver
Level3
Level3

Post by oldjiver »

Hello Ken, I have spent the day at Shingle Street and taken some pictures. I will post then in the Black August section. Thanks for your welcome.
oldjiver
Level3
Level3

Post by oldjiver »

I have just noticed the GENERAL section is much more frequented. So I will post there with the Admin permission.
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Dear Steve,

Just to add my own warm welcome to The Library.

"I have never found a book so well written or a person as interesting as Dennis Wheatley"

Well said !

Best wishes
Charles
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

Howdy from the United States! :-D

Return to “Introductions”