Introduction

Here's where you can tell us about yourself
ericmocata
Level5
Level5

Introduction

Post by ericmocata »

Hello all,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have actually been visiting this site for a number of years, going all the way back to before Mr. Rothwell passed. I don't know why I waited so long to join the board, but I did.

The first Wheatley book I read was The Haunting of Toby Jugg, which was one of the Mandarin paperbacks with the atrocious cover-art. That was in the mid to late '90s when I was around 20 (I was born just a few months after Wheatley's death). I knew next to nothing about him at the time and this website taught me probably 75% of what I know now. I also live in the southern U.S. and have had to search for any of his books. Most of the ones I have now I had to purchase online. My collection is a mishmash of paperbacks and hardcovers, first-editions and reprints, book club editions, etc. A few of the best pieces in my collection would be my first edition of To the Devil-- a Daughter, my first edition of The Man Who Missed the War and my 1950 reprint of Strange Conflict.

That's enough about me, I think.

Thanks for reading.
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

Hey, welcome aboard from the "other" U.S. member...
ericmocata
Level5
Level5

Post by ericmocata »

Thanks, it doesn't seem there are many people in the U.S. who even know Wheatley ever existed. There's a paperback of Rape in Venice at a used bookstore near my apartment (there were two, but I bought one, which was one of a handful of his books I bought at a store in town) and that exact copy has been sitting on that shelf for probably a couple of years now.

Return to “Introductions”