Chistopher Lee's copy of TDRO up for auction

The place to post anything DW-related
Darren
Level5
Level5

Chistopher Lee's copy of TDRO up for auction

Post by Darren »

In this month's update from Charles we have news that Christopher Lee's copy of the 1934 edition of TDRO (with an inscription by DW to CL) is up for sale with a price tag of £30000.

Details can be found at the following link (while it exists):

https://www.sotherans.co.uk/search.php? ... ee&x=0&y=0

Click on book details and there are some good photos of the book (front, back, with the cover off), the inscription and the leather "clamshell" box that stores it.
Regards,

Darren.
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

In contrast, Sir Christopher Lee's copy of 'The Devil And All His Works', also inscribed by DW, was recently sold by booksellers Peter Harrington for £325.

Quite a price difference !

Best wishes !
Charles
Darren
Level5
Level5

Post by Darren »

Charles wrote:In contrast, Sir Christopher Lee's copy of 'The Devil And All His Works', also inscribed by DW, was recently sold by booksellers Peter Harrington for £325.
I wonder who bought it, Charles? :-k
Regards,

Darren.
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

I'm sure you can make an educated guess, given your not inconsiderable sleuthing skills :-)

If you like, I'll arrange for its owner to bring it to the Convention.

Talking of which, is there anything else anyone would particularly like to see in the 'travelling Museum' this year ?

Given it's out tenth, I will try to get hold of - and bring up - anything of particular interest if I can.

Best as always !
Charles
Darren
Level5
Level5

Re: Chistopher Lee's copy of TDRO up for auction

Post by Darren »

It would be exciting to see the CL copy of the Devil And All His Works at the convention. It would also be great to see CL's copy of TDRO - that would make a great selfie along with the TRDO Blu-ray in the other hand. But at £30000 that is unlikely.

And, as my introduction to DW was through his Black Magic books, and as they still retain my main focus for DW, I don't know if it possible but I would love to see DW's copy Crowley's "Magick in Theory and Practice" with AC's dedication. And also DW's copy of Essays in Petto by Montague Summers. I don't know if anyone coming to the convention has the connections to be able to borrow these for the day. The links of these two authors to the two greatest Occult masterpieces, TDRO and TTDAD, make these copies real treasures of the DW and general literary world.
Regards,

Darren.
Charles
Level5
Level5

Re: Chistopher Lee's copy of TDRO up for auction

Post by Charles »

If any of you are feeling rich, you can now buy Christopher Lee’s copy of ‘The Devil Rides Out’ for 1/3 off - Henry Southerans have recently, according to the internet, reduced the price down to £20,000.

If any of you buy it, do please show it to me !

Best as always !
Charles

Return to “General Topics”