A new 'Modern Musketeers' book. 'Blasphemy' ???

The place to post anything DW-related
Charles
Level5
Level5

A new 'Modern Musketeers' book. 'Blasphemy' ???

Post by Charles »

Dear All,

My thanks as so often to Jim Devlin in the USA for some breaking news that had escaped me.

A person named Geoff Martin has written a novel about the 'three musketeers' with the events taking place some two years after the Duke's death.

I'm not sure if he received the appropriate permissions, or whether it is well done or not. I have not yet read it - but Nick Dow always said it should be done, and he was right.

The only question is whether - subject to his having received the necessary approvals - he has done it well.

We shall see. For further details please see https://www.amazon.co.uk/Satanists-Son- ... musketeers

Jim - thanks for the tip off - and for the inspiration for my heading !

All best to all !
Charles
Cibator
Level4
Level4

Post by Cibator »

Very interesting! Wonder what the themes that DW wouldn't have tackled might be?

That cover is reminiscent of the one on my omnibus edition of M R James ghost stories - the path leading through a sinister-looking forest to .... what??

(And: I don't like to sound too picky, but the incorrect spelling of Rex's name is a wee bit disconcerting.)
Fas est et ab hoste doceri
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Looking at the first 'free' six pages on Amazon, I see another person's name is also spelt two different ways.

But I won't say more 'til I've read it. It's on order.

What do you think ??? Will you be giving it a read ???

All best !
Charles

Return to “General Topics”