The Mean Caesar - 2 unpublished short stories

The place to post anything DW-related
Darren
Level5
Level5

The Mean Caesar - 2 unpublished short stories

Post by Darren »

Hi folks,

There are a few references on this wonderful website to The Mean Caesar - 2 unpublished short stories by Dennis Wheatley.

I didn't realise until recently that they are now available via the Bloomsbury website by signing up to the Dennis Wheatley newsletter.

Follow the below link and you will see the newsletter on the top right of the page, click on that, enter your email address and you will receive the stories via an email from Dominic Wheatley within a couple of days.

http://www.bloomsbury.com/author/dennis-wheatley

The stories are 2 short parables, one set in Roman times about a wise Druid sent to Rome as a slave and the second is similar to The Arabian Nights stories. They are so short that to discuss them would be to spoil your first reading so I shall desist and allow you the opportunity to read them "raw". :-#

Enjoy.
Regards,

Darren.
Cibator
Level4
Level4

Post by Cibator »

I don't like to sound a negative note in among all this rejoicing, but I've just noticed .... haven't Bloomsbury spelt DW's middle name incorrectly?
Fas est et ab hoste doceri
Darren
Level5
Level5

Post by Darren »

They have got all the right letters - but not necessarily in the right order, I'll give you that. :badgrin:
Regards,

Darren.
Jim
Level5
Level5

Re: The Mean Caesar - 2 unpublished short stories

Post by Jim »

Darren wrote: Follow the below link and you will see the newsletter on the top right of the page, click on that, enter your email address and you will receive the stories via an email from Dominic Wheatley within a couple of days.

http://www.bloomsbury.com/author/dennis-wheatley
Wow, the number of hoops you have to jump through to get on that list!
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

They are very curious stories, and were originally in the Humphreys collection.

This is the only case I am aware of where stories have been given a 'restricted audience'.

Best as always !
Charles
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

They are certainly very minor Wheatley. Still, I printed them out on a sheet of paper, and inserted it in my Lymington edition of Gunmen, Gallants and Ghosts. We shall see what else the newsletter brings our way...

Return to “General Topics”