Bloomsbury launching DW series starter compendiums

The place to post anything DW-related
Darren
Level5
Level5

Bloomsbury launching DW series starter compendiums

Post by Darren »

Hi folks,

Bloomsbury are publishing eBook compendiums of DW "series starters". £6.99 in UK, $8.99 across the pond.

Black Magic series starter on 28th April 2016: http://bloomsbury.com/uk/the-black-magi ... 448216543/

Roger Brook series starter on 7th June 2016: http://bloomsbury.com/uk/the-roger-broo ... 448216574/

Duke de Richleau series starter on 14th June 2016: http://bloomsbury.com/uk/the-duke-de-ri ... 448216550/

Gregory Sallust series starter on 21st June 2016: http://bloomsbury.com/uk/the-gregory-sa ... 448216567/

It's curious that the first series was launched on 28th April and then there was a 6 week delay until the next three which are being launched at 1 week intervals this month.
Regards,

Darren.
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

You can't say they're not promoting his stuff! $8.99 for three novels--it's never been this inexpensive. (I'd love to know how it's selling...)
Darren
Level5
Level5

Post by Darren »

Also if you check out Dennis Wheatley on kindle store (for example, via amazon) the front covers have been re-vamped with new designs.

I know it's only tinkering, but it is encouraging that someone in the publishing industry is still showing an interest in promoting DW. :smt041
Regards,

Darren.
Alan
Level5
Level5

Post by Alan »

And in a sense, new DW readers will have it better than those who read him in his prime... they will get to read the novels in proper chronological order, and follow the Duke as a young man desperately in love to a man who dies in heroic circumstances. Or Gregory Sallust from a dissolute adventurer to a middle-aged hero. And I am especially pleased that they did not include the "alternate universe" Black August as part of the collection.
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

Alan wrote: And in a sense, new DW readers will have it better than those who read him in his prime... they will get to read the novels in proper chronological order, and follow the Duke as a young man desperately in love to a man who dies in heroic circumstances.
I wonder if reading them that way would make it easier or harder to gloss over the inconsistencies...
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

Darren wrote: Also if you check out Dennis Wheatley on kindle store (for example, via amazon) the front covers have been re-vamped with new designs.
I went to look at these at the Kobo store (my e-reader), and quite liked them. Unfortunately, that abomination Natural Selection also shows up there. I took the opportunity to post my scathing review, already at Amazon, etc. ... :rofl
Darren
Level5
Level5

Post by Darren »

There seem to be plans for future promotions of DW in 2018 by Bloomsbury. There is a SCI-FI series planned and the Adventure Series, both due to be published as ebook collections on 15 February 2018.

Thank You, Bloomsbury, for persisting with your continual promotion of the Wheatley catalogue.

I wonder if there would be an appetite to publish The Deception Planners. Over the last few years there have been a continuous run of media stories about DW's role as a planner, as well as a number of new books about that aspect of the war. So there is a current interest in the general populace about the subject. Our own CB talks about it in his DW lecture which was highlighted in a review of the Essex Book Festival DW event "none of us knew that he contributed to war strategy in WWII".

Do Bloomsbury also have the rights to DW's non-fiction works?
Regards,

Darren.

Return to “General Topics”