SIAPW - RITHW - SFTCTT

The place to post anything DW-related
Alan
Level5
Level5

SIAPW - RITHW - SFTCTT

Post by Alan »

OK, this literary game gets played a lot when fans get together to talk about their favourite authors' works. It's called "Marry - sh*g - kill" and the aim is (obviously) to state which canon character you'd like to marry, shag or kill. Some fans make slight adjustments - for example, Hunger Games fans substitute "shag" with "cave" (you have to have read the books to get this)... anyway, maybe it's about time DW fans got in on the act. So:

The rules are these. You state which of DW's characters you'd like to:

Sit In A Pentacle With - when menaced by some ab-human thing from the outer circle.

Roll In The Hay With - I mean, that's pretty obvious, right?

Send Fire To Consume Their Testicles - and everyone reading knows WHICH DW work that phrase comes from, right?

Let's see if anyone takes up the challenge?
ken68
Level5
Level5

Post by ken68 »

I like this one,
First one, le duc, droopy ned and sir pellinore

Roll, well there so many to choose so are allowed more than one, wouldn't be very DW if we were. Has to be Georgina for me. Having said that had a soft spot (maybe not the most apt expression☺️) for Clarissa.

Last one is most difficult because even DWs baddies are enjoyable, so I think Gunston and of course sir Gideon Shoesmith.

Will be fun to see who gets picked here, good one Allan

Ken
Darren
Level5
Level5

Post by Darren »

And we all know Shane's RITHW............
Regards,

Darren.
shanedwyer
Level5
Level5

Post by shanedwyer »

And we all know Shane's RITHW............
There'd be half a dozen candidates Darren.
shanedwyer
Level5
Level5

Post by shanedwyer »

But to play the game:

1. William 'Conky Bill' Verney

2. Having given myself some latitude in this department, I'll say Molly Fountain

3. Obergruppenführer Grauber
Darren
Level5
Level5

Post by Darren »

Great minds, etc., Shane.

I too will go for CB William 'Conky Bill' Verney to SIAPW (he reminds me of our very own CB!!), and somewhat surprisingly (with the quantity and quality available in DW's books) my RITHW is also Molly Fountain. I've just finished revisiting TTDAD, and it is my first reading after passing MF's age - and the way DW keeps referring to her nylons........ :smt119

And my SFTCTT is without doubt Helmuth Lisicky, what a B*****D!!!
Regards,

Darren.
Alan
Level5
Level5

Post by Alan »

Well, I suppose I should do mine, and not wimp out!

In the pentacle, if I had to go for one it'd have to be the Duke, of course. He would not only give me the best chance of survival, but the conversation while we waited in trepidation for whatever evil thing would be sent against us would be most interesting. And if I can have more than one, what could be more apt than having the rest of the "musketeers" along?

For dalliance - hmm, a list here that rivals shanedwyer's harem. Christina would be piquant, Georgina worth the effort (once one got past the yards of muslin in which she would presumably be swathed) but I think on the whole the lovely Sabine just gets her lovely little nose ahead.

And to kill - and no, this ISN'T cheating, since he is, after all, a character in DW's work - what about Adolf Hitler?
Richard Webster
Level3
Level3

Post by Richard Webster »

SIAPW:
The Duke, for obvious reasons, including the fact that he's more likely than any other DW character to know what he's doing, having demonstrated his prowess at manning a pentagram in "The Devil Rides Out".

RITHW:
Not Marie-Lou, lovely though she is, because she's Richard's wife, and that just wouldn't be right. Plus, I'd find that thick Russian accent that DW insisted on writing for her a bit grating after a while.

Turning to my favourite DW novel - "To the Devil a Daughter" - then Christina is presented as a very beautiful and alluring young woman, and if one could arrange a liaison during that part of the book when her character falls under the sway of dark forces during the hours of darkness, and becomes ever more wanton as a consequence, then there would be much potential fun in a Provencal haystack.

Not that one should take advantage of a vulnerable young woman being targeted by devil worshipers, of course, in which case I've always had a bit of a yen for Molly Fountain, who comes across as a game old bird.

So instead, I'll nominate Mary Morden, from "The Satanist", one of the best female characters DW ever wrote, unfortunately in one of his worst novels.

SFTCTT:
I'd say Canon Copley-Syle, from "To the Devil a Daughter", the Montague Summers inspired villain, who I reckon to be one of DW's most vividly drawn and frightening characters.
shanedwyer
Level5
Level5

Post by shanedwyer »

Molly Fountain...I always imagine her looking like the actress Claire Nielson, in the Fawlty Towers episode Waldorf Salad.

Return to “General Topics”