DW to feature in a museum exhibition: Lives Less Ordinary

The place to post anything DW-related
Darren
Level5
Level5

DW to feature in a museum exhibition: Lives Less Ordinary

Post by Darren »

The St Barbe Museum is located in Lymington, Hampshire. It's purpose is to explore the unique history of Lymington and the New Forest Coast.
The colourful, hands-on displays provide a fascinating journey of discovery for all ages, charting Lymington’s development as a market town and port and looking at the smugglers, salt makers and boat builders who have used the Solent shore.

From 15th November 2014 to 10th January 2015 there is a Lives Less Ordinary exhibition that is being advertised as A celebration of the lives of local residents who made a mark both locally and nationally.

It will include a feature on occult novelist Dennis Wheatley.

http://www.stbarbe-museum.org.uk/menus/ ... -ordinary/
Regards,

Darren.
Steve Whatley
Level5
Level5

Post by Steve Whatley »

Interesting news!

Could this be an excuse for another extra-curricular get-together for some of our serial Conventioneers?[font=Courier New] [/font]
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Thanks, Darren,

I'm glad the Museum is at last waking up to Dennis Wheatley !

Although they once put on a small display, hitherto they have not shown a huge amount of interest in our illustrious author.

Indeed, when Bob Rothwell died, with the blessing of his wife Sue, I tried to get them to take some of Bob's books to form a display, but they declined the offer - partly due to lack of space.

I am glad they have come round to our way of thinking !

Kindest regards as always,
Charles
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

PS - Great idea, Steve !
Charles

Return to “General Topics”