2014 convention

The place to post anything DW-related
ken68
Level5
Level5

2014 convention

Post by ken68 »

well everyone just a quick update on progress for for this years convention.
the response to the call for volunteers has been very gratifying and we are almost at a full programme already! amazing.
so far we have contributions from 6 attendees with still a couple to get back.
there is no major changes to the format from previous years (why change something so good!) so we still have room for 2, maybe 3, 15-20 min spots at a push. if anyone is interested please contact charles or myself.

i haven;t had a reply from everyone that i sent the planning email to so apologies to anyone who didn't get it. if you can please get in touch with either charles ot myself.

more details as we move towards the big day and please keep the ideas coming.

ken
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Dear All,

I have just received final prices from the hotel - as you know we are going back to the Laura Ashley The Manor Hotel (formerly the Edgewarebury Hotel) at Elstree for the seventh year running !

Prices are:

Friday night b&b

Double room (whether single or double occupancy) £ 99
Superior room £ 119
Feature / Deluxe room £ 159
Suite £ 199

and

Saturday including the Convention, lunch and dinner (except drinks, which are extra), b&b

Double room (whether single or double occupancy) £ 170
Superior room £ 190
Feature / Deluxe room £ 209
Suite £ 259

Convention only with no overnight stay £ 80

You don't have to pay anything quite yet, but if you could let me have firm bookings within the next week or so, it would be appreciated.

Hoping to see many / most of you there,

Best wishes as always !
Charles
ken68
Level5
Level5

Post by ken68 »

hello everyone, a quick update on the programme. there isn't any change to the format so as a little teaser this years spots will include some research on DWs first world war, a piece on various transport from the novels and a talk on one of the many interesting buildings DW used for inspiration.
along with a book review by the a a gill of the wheatley world, our very own steve p, collectors and swap corner and a DW discussion hour as led by duncan there is a wheatley, witches and warlocks spot as well.

hopefully that is enough to pique everyones interest without giving away any of our contributors surprises!

in a rex van ryn style there will be pre dinner cocktails. as we have exhausted all the DW connection films for after dinner there is nothing as yet planned for that.

there is also a little something being planed for the friday night for those able to make it.

not long now and we are really looking forward to meeting up with everyone again.

see you all soon.

ken

Return to “General Topics”