To the Devil a Daughter, the Tendring journey with pictures.

The place to post anything DW-related
oldjiver
Level3
Level3

Post by oldjiver »

Hi ericmocata, yes we do talk funny, but at least we dont walk like John Wayne :rofl I haven't been to America but we have all seen the spectacular scenery from the movies, you live in a beautiful country. Here the scenery is on a smaller scale, but dripping in history and mystique. The "Ale" in the picture is Morlands Old Golden Hen. a typical malty english ale. ( just don't say "Gimme a beer" when in England). I leave the date on pictures as in the past we have said too many times "when did we go there".
Kind Regards
Steve.
ericmocata
Level5
Level5

Post by ericmocata »

I much prefer the malty taste to the really hoppy taste, the ones that taste like springtime.

And by the way, we do use the word ale here, although since those pictures are in England, I should just assume any beer being consumed is an ale. Do you guys ever drink lagers?

I would like to make my way over the England someday (Italy too, but that's a different story). It'd be fun, I'd think, to go to places mentioned in Wheatley's books, the ones still standing at least, and read one or two them there. Maybe one of these days.

Never was a fan of John Wayne, myself. If I am going to watch a western, it is almost certainly going to be Italian. I'm also a huge fan of Italian horror (way more so than I am of the westerns). Although, I just got a wacky idea. What if they'd made The Devil Rides Out starring John Wayne? "Well, hold on there, pilgrim, these fellas are devil worshippers!"
oldjiver
Level3
Level3

Post by oldjiver »

"The Devil Rides Out" starring John wayne [-X I can almost hear the sound of gin and tonic glasses being dropped in horror and elderly gentlemen going red in the face. The only possible alternative to Sir Christopher Lee would have been the wonderful Peter Cushing.

Return to “General Topics”