2013 Convention

The place to post anything DW-related
ken68
Level5
Level5

Post by ken68 »

hi darren, thats great and if you check your email i have dropped a note for you.

now i want everyone to be boning up on cocktail etiquette for this years get together ;-)

ken
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Dear All,

A couple of people have contacted me following Shanedwyer's post asking if they need to pay now.

The answer for almost all of you is 'No'.

This year those with overnight stays can pay the hotel direct 'on the day'.

Only those who are 'day only' have to pay in advance.

Kind regards !
Charles
ken68
Level5
Level5

Post by ken68 »

Well the final is set and is with our own wizard of the font Steve W.
The only item left is after dinner entertainment. If anyone wants bring some viewing matter we can have a vote on the day.

See you all soon

Ken
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

ken68 wrote:Well the final is set and is with our own wizard of the font Steve W. The only item left is after dinner entertainment. If anyone wants bring some viewing matter we can have a vote on the day.
See you all soon - Ken
You all have a good time. Don't worry about me and Eric, stuck here in the U.S. :cry:
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

We will think of you - promise !

I remember once you, Steve W, Jean and I had a rather nice mini-Convention afterwards.

Hopefully one day we will see you and Eric over for the real thing.

Best as always !
Charles
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

Charles wrote: I remember once you, Steve W, Jean and I had a rather nice mini-Convention afterwards.
It was indeed a lovely evening in every way: good food, a nice wine, excellent company. Not only was I given some convention souvenirs to add to my DW collection, I also got my first glimpse of the "Living Portrait," which I had never expected to see!
ericmocata
Level5
Level5

Post by ericmocata »

Hey, is somebody going to at least get me one of those "all I got was this lousy t-shirt" souvenirs? :cry:
Darren
Level5
Level5

Post by Darren »

ken68 wrote: now i want everyone to be boning up on cocktail etiquette for this years get together ;-)

ken
I didn't pay much attention to this when it first appeared. Now it's a few days away, I'm getting curious. Does the etiquette require a dress code? We only have flat caps and wellies up here.
Regards,

Darren.
shanedwyer
Level5
Level5

Post by shanedwyer »

Jean Arthur once said something along the lines of: "A cocktail dress is something to spill cocktails on."

So I guess wellies will be fine.
ken68
Level5
Level5

Post by ken68 »

Well if you guys have cocktail dresses fell free to wear them😳. We are very open minded!

Ken
shanedwyer
Level5
Level5

Post by shanedwyer »

If I still had the figure for one...
Darren
Level5
Level5

Post by Darren »

Thanks everyone for a great convention. I loved it.

Great convention report Charles. Though I wished you'd not included the photo of the cocktail party. My wife refuses to be convinced that the red constituent of the DW cocktail is cranberry juice.
Regards,

Darren.
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

Darren wrote: Great convention report Charles. Though I wished you'd not included the photo of the cocktail party. My wife refuses to be convinced that the red constituent of the DW cocktail is cranberry juice.
LOL--I am looking forward to trying that one!
shanedwyer
Level5
Level5

Post by shanedwyer »

Do Jim. They're more than potable. I could've drank them all night.
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

shanedwyer wrote:Do Jim. They're more than potable. I could've drank them all night.
I celebrated the end of a rough patch at work tonight by making one of these while I was getting my dinner ready. Talk about lethal: it goes down very smoothly, and one can hardly taste the alcohol...

Return to “General Topics”