DW's horoscope

The place to post anything DW-related
shanedwyer
Level5
Level5

DW's horoscope

Post by shanedwyer »

Ever wondered what DW’s astrological chart would look like? No, can't say I have either. But the random horoscope generator at www.astro.com has produced one for us anyway (along with that of Mussolini, Shirley Bassey, Pee-Wee Herman and umpteen others).

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Wheatley,_Dennis

But judging by the inaccuracies in DW’s potted biography alone, I suspect it’s lacking the polish of, say, the auguries Ibrahim Malacou drew up for the Oberkommando der Wehrmacht in They Used Dark Forces.
Steve Whatley
Level5
Level5

Post by Steve Whatley »

A genuine DW horoscope (from the 1930's, I think) did turn up in a catalogue back in the 1990's, when lots of DW ephemera was being auctioned.[font=Courier New] [/font]
shanedwyer
Level5
Level5

Post by shanedwyer »

Hi Steve,

Do you know anything as to its quality (of presentation/appearance- not if it accurately predicted the future or not ;) )? Was it a scratch job scrawled on the back of a menu or a more lavish article drawn up by a 'professional'?
Steve Whatley
Level5
Level5

Post by Steve Whatley »

Having checked an old bookseller's catalogue, I see that there was a single A4 page Birth Chart with no date.

Another item in the same catalogue was an Astrological Chart for another family member dating from 1937 or late 1936, signed F. S. Smith, so that may be a clue.

We know that earlier in the 1930s DW had consulted Henry Dewhirst (who sounds more like a butcher to me), so he would also be a candidate.

But I think the item I'd originally thought of was a longer chart in an auction catalogue.

Sorry to be so vague! If further details turn up I'll let you know.[font=Courier New] [/font]

Return to “General Topics”