Classic Black Magic Question

The place to post anything DW-related
ericmocata
Level5
Level5

Classic Black Magic Question

Post by ericmocata »

I was wondering if anybody else's copy of the Classic Black Magic collection has the spine printing upside down or if my copy is just messed up. I also noticed while reading The Devil Rides Out that there seem to be a number of errors in the text (the wrong letter or no space where there should be one,etc.) which, to my knowledge, were never in any previous edition.

Although I like this edition, it does seem that somebody should have taken a bit more care with it.
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

I just looked at my copy, and everything is at it should be on the spine. Your copy may have a binding error; they occur from time to time, and sometimes make a rare book even rarer. (Not that it's going to happen here...)

Typographical errors happen, too, and often new ones creep in when a text is reset. (Also, if you read other threads here, you will see that text changes have been made in The Devil Rides Out.) Tolkien and his estate found that each new edition of The Lord of the Rings had to be checked and re-checked for typesetters' mistakes and "improvements." On this forum, we are still trying to figure out why the Duke is called "De Reichleau" in The Forbidden Territory--an error (?) perpetuated for many years over numerous reprints--and nowhere else!

Return to “General Topics”