Dennis Wheatley's influence on Ian Fleming

The place to post anything DW-related
Jeremy
Level1
Level1

Post by Jeremy »

Thank you very much, Charles. My feeling is that there must have been some sort of story going the rounds, perhaps even a hypothesis. 'For a secret agent, the cover identity is everything. If a secret agent were to lose their memory, they should be able to remember their cover identity rather than their real one' or some such thing, spotted somewhere quite prominently, or told to both Dennis Wheatley and, at a guess, Cyril Coles (who was in intelligence in the First World War). Very hard to track such a thing down, though - but if anyone has any ideas, please let me know! (jeremyduns@yahoo.com)

Alan, I think there are more of those sorts of book published or in the pipeline to be: Queen Victoria as a demon-hunter, Abraham Lincoln as vampire-slayer, that sort of thing. Perhaps someone should do one in which the protagonist is Dennis Wheatley. :)
Alan
Level5
Level5

Post by Alan »

Alan, I think there are more of those sorts of book published or in the pipeline to be: Queen Victoria as a demon-hunter, Abraham Lincoln as vampire-slayer, that sort of thing. Perhaps someone should do one in which the protagonist is Dennis Wheatley. :)[/quote]

Hey, what a great idea - no commercial value, unfortunately, since not enough people know who DW was. I've often thought of doing a novel about H P Lovecraft, and I think the same problem still applies.
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Just to note that Jeremy's article can now be found at

http://www.spywise.net/pdfs/wheatley.pdf

the old link no longer works !
Charles

Return to “General Topics”