tdro audio book

The place to post anything DW-related
ken68
Level5
Level5

tdro audio book

Post by ken68 »

just taken delivery of this. found it by complete fluke on amazon. it is read by anton rodgers runs for 2 hours and is produced by a company called listen for pleasure who seem to be a canadaian company. it doesn't say if it is abridged or not but at 2 hours i would assume it is.
it is a cassette so i haven't been able to listen to yet but i am working on getting it copied to cd. may take a while though.
the cover and design is quite interesting and if you would like a scan for the archives charles then i am sure i can arrange that.
best thing is the list inside the cover of other titles, the haunting of toby jugg being one of them. now to find that!

hope everyone is well and getting ready for the festive season.

ok i must get my lottery numbers on this week. did a search for toby jugg audio book and hey presto alibris has one copy. needless to say it is now winging its way to me from the good ole us of a. all i know about it at the moment is thats its read by denholm elliot. will let you know when it arrives.
Jim
Level5
Level5

Re: tdro audio book

Post by Jim »

ken68 wrote:just taken delivery of this. found it by complete fluke on amazon. it is read by anton rodgers runs for 2 hours and is produced by a company called listen for pleasure who seem to be a canadaian company. it doesn't say if it is abridged or not but at 2 hours i would assume it is.
Yes, it is drastically abridged, but is not bad at all, otherwise. I've had both of these for ages--they came out years and years ago. I wish they were on commercial CD.
ken68
Level5
Level5

Post by ken68 »

thanks jim. pity that. there was another version going for around £60 that was narrated by clifford norgate. anyone heard it?
K R Cope

Post by K R Cope »

ken68 wrote:thanks jim. pity that. there was another version going for around £60 that was narrated by clifford norgate. anyone heard it?
Yes, I found it on Ebay a year or two ago. It's fully complete, even to DW's warning from the front of the book, on about 12 or 15 cassettes and must be 10+ hours. Well read and a listenable voice. Recommended if you can track down a copy.
Nick
Level5
Level5

Post by Nick »

I have had them all for ages. The listen for pleasure company is still going so I am a bit worried about breaking copyright, however I've got JUgg on CD, and as you know strange conflict, I'll try and find time to do Anton Rodgers as well. Incidently Tanith is named Eleanor Masterson in this production and Miss Carlisle in the movie. Clifford Norgates reading is 13 hours by the way. Great for travelling from Lancashire to and from conventions.

Return to “General Topics”