How is the site doing?

The place to post anything DW-related
Garry Holmes
Level5
Level5

How is the site doing?

Post by Garry Holmes »

Looking throught the 'recent posts' I was quite struck by the fact that nearly all of the recent posts are by me, Charles, and one or two other members. Things do seem a bit moribund at the moment. Have a lot of the old members simply stopped posting, or is this just some sort of seasonal thing?
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

I will leave others to reply but would just like to say my thanks to Jim, who so ably stimulates us all from the U.S. with his refreshing slant on things ... and to add that everyone who puts in even a single post from time to time helps make this Forum what it is .... and with well over a thousand posts (I've asked the web developers to see if they can put a counter on the front page), that's quite something.

Thanks Garry for making a very good point - as well as your own magnificent contributions !

All best to all !
Charles
Garry Holmes
Level5
Level5

Post by Garry Holmes »

Charles wrote:Thanks Garry for making a very good point - as well as your own magnificent contributions !
:oops:
Steve Whatley
Level5
Level5

Post by Steve Whatley »

I wonder what's become of Hoyo and Sir Pellinore, and others who used to contribute frequently - are you still out there?[font=Courier New] [/font]
Alan
Level5
Level5

Post by Alan »

As for me, am still logging and and following the threads, just not had anything much of interest to say lately (OK! Stand up who said "What do you mean LATELY"!!!)
duncanpaul17
Level4
Level4

Post by duncanpaul17 »

Gary,

You have raised a good question and one which was discussed at the 2009 convention.

Like Alan, I have been following the posts but have not felt like I had anything interesting to say (if ever), and it was also felt that some members may not have been posting with the convention imminent, as they were keeping topics for discussion at the convention.

Steve W also raised the point that some of the long established posters, Sir Pellinore & Hoyo have been quiet recently as have gloomy sundae and toohey who were all frequent posters when I first joined the site.

This was also a topic for discussion over dinner and Charles in particular would like to know if any of these and anyone I've forgot are still out there and would love them to make contact again just to confirm they are still there.

Duncan

Return to “General Topics”