Which book would be best for new readers?

The place to post anything DW-related
Nick
Level5
Level5

Which book would be best for new readers?

Post by Nick »

If a younger member of your family, or your friends family were to ask you 'Which DW book would be the one to read first?' Which one would you recommend?
Alan
Level5
Level5

Post by Alan »

I think the Duke and his friends are the most "accessible" of all DW's characters, so I plump for "The Forbidden Territory" - I realise "Three Inquisitive People" is actually chronologically the first in the Modern Musketeer series, but for reasons I've elaborated on in earlier postings I think it's a better introduction to mainstream DW. In fact it actually introduces the characters better, and is an excellent way into the series.
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

A wonderful choice Alan - I can't beat it !

A good idea also not to start on the 'Black Magic' stories, wonderful as they are, as it leaves something else to enjoy later.

The other day I had a few moments spare so I picked up a copy of 'The Forbidden Territory' and re-read the first few pages.

I could hardly put it down !

All best !
Charles
K R Cope

Post by K R Cope »

I'd have to agree with that suggestion.

My first introduction to DW was "Strange Conflict", rather a "deep" one to start and which didn't "grab" me then as much as it would later. I then tried "The Forbidden Territory" and was duly hooked!
duncanpaul17
Level4
Level4

Post by duncanpaul17 »

Think I would have to agree The Forbidden Territory would also be my choice to introduce new readers to Dennis especially as this marks the introduction of the Modern Musketeers who are my favourite DW characters.

Return to “General Topics”