convention

The place to post anything DW-related
ken68
Level5
Level5

convention

Post by ken68 »

well i hope everyone got home safe.
i would like to thank everyone for a great time and hope everyone enjoyed their time as much as we did.
a special thank you must to nik for his insider film stories and iwan for his fascinating stores of dw and many other authors but most importantly to the man who made it all possible charles who really is " a prince among men" and his charming wife nat.
roll on next years!

ps for charles, will work on the synopsise of tdro.
duncanpaul17
Level4
Level4

Post by duncanpaul17 »

Really enjoyed the weekend and like Ken would like to thank Charles and Nick for all their hard work in making the event happen. I hope you two think
it was all worthwhile.

it was great to meet everyone and to have many very interesting chats. Iwan's knowledge of crime and thriller books and authors was particularly fascianting.

Already looking forward to convention No 2. and meeting up with you all again.
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

I hope someone will post an in-depth report of the convention, for those of us who couldn't attend...
Steve Whatley
Level5
Level5

Post by Steve Whatley »

Jean and I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend, and would like to add our thanks to Charles and Nick for doing all the hard work, and Iwan for coming all the way from Spain to speak at the Convention.

It's great that everyone seems keen to repeat the experience next year, and hopefully we'll be able to attract a few more people next time and build on the success of this year's event.

It was a pleasure to meet everyone, and now we can put faces to some of the names when we read comments in the Library.

If I can find individual e-mail addresses from the member list, I'll transmit my photos from the hotel once I've downloaded them.
Steve Whatley
Level5
Level5

Post by Steve Whatley »

Jim, once I've worked out how to do it, I'll also be happy to e-mail photos to you and anyone else who couldn't attend, to prove we enjoyed ourselves! I trust you'll be at least one extra for next year?
K R Cope

Post by K R Cope »

I've already written to Charles, but Vivian and I would like to add our thanks here, to Charles, Nick and Iwan, for everything they did to make the weekend such a worthwhile occasion. We shall enjoy great memories of the event, a dinner worthy of DW himself, and the wonderful hotel....and I'm convinced that, as we left on Sunday morning, I seemed to catch sight of a yellow Rolls just behind the trees at the end of the drive, and a shadow of a smart but sinister figure with homburg hat and silver cane? :-)
Stevie P
Level5
Level5

Post by Stevie P »

I'd just like to add my thanks to Charles, Nick and Iwan for making this convention so memorable.
Everybody seemed to bond with everybody else and the setting was ideal.

I have been in touch with Charles and I have been finalising an 'official' review of the day. I/Charles will post it towards the end of the month.
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Dear all

Delighted you enjoyed it as much as we did - a fabulous day.

Thank you Steve P for agreeing to do the official review; I'll be aiming to put it up as the next 'main site' update.

Jim - we missed you - we'll have to get you over next time.

Thank you all for making it a special day for all of us - and Iwan, thanks for being our special guest speaker !

When we're all suitably rested we'll have to give some thought to what we can do next time ...

All the very best to all
Charles
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

Many many thanks to Steve Patton for his lengthy write-up on the first Dennis Wheatley Convention. Thirteen seems to have been an excellent turnout for this maiden venture.

I could tell from the comments here that people had had a good time, but it was nice to read about the blending of socializing and "fan" activities, and see the photos and the printed programme!

It would have been nice to have Iwan personalize my copy of FYRA DECENNIER, but maybe another time...

Return to “General Topics”