Soundbite synopses

The place to post anything DW-related
Charles
Level5
Level5

Soundbite synopses

Post by Charles »

As mentioned in my last 'Chorion Announcement' posting, if you fancy helping Chorion out by penning some 'soundbite synposes' of DW's novels, please do so in this section.

50 words max per novel, and the more the merrier.

As noted, no remuneration (except perhaps for the providers of the best efforts being on the receiving end of a round of drinks if they are attending the Convention !), and Chorion may use them or adapt them as they see fit, but it is a wonderful opportunity for us to shape important peoples' views of the 'essence' of each novel.

Here by way of example is one that Chorion's in house team came up with earlier :

To The Devil A Daughter

"Sold to the devil as a baby, Christina's life and soul is in peril. Tough-minded Molly Fountain and ex-secret service Colonel Verney fight to save her moves vividly and violently from the Frech Riviera to the dark landscapes of East Anglia".

It's our chance to contribute, and I have to say I think it's really nice of Chorion to ask us.

Oh - by the way, it would be REALLY USEFUL to them if they could have as many as possible by THE END OF THE MONTH ( i.e. APRIL) !

I'm going off to think of my own clumsy attempts ... see you all later !
Charles
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

o.k., here's my first go ...

Strange Conflict

Wartime England and the Admiralty can’t stop the German submarines from locating and sinking vital supply ships. The Duke de Richleau has a wild theory – the enemy are using Black Magic. His theory proves right and the chase is on … from England to Portugal to Haiti.

Over to you for the next few ...
Charles
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Another one before I turn in for the night ...

Codeword Golden Fleece

The Duke de Richleau and his friends are in Poland at the start of World War II. With no weapons or armies, what can they do to assist the war effort ? Singlehandedly, they come up with a scheme to cut off Germany’s oil supplies. But can they achieve it ?

[ NB Based on a true episode in World War II]
Charles
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Here's my try at a couple more ... but I'm sure you'll do better ....

The Second Seal

World War I is on the horizon, and de Richleau is recruited to infiltrate the enemy. His dangerous mission leads him through Austria and Serbia into Germany. He cannot avoid shedding blood as he ferrets out the enemys' secrets while pursuing the love of his life, the Archduchess Ilona Theresa.

The Golden Spaniard

The Spanish Civil War finds the Duke and friends on opposite sides. The daughter of one of his oldest acquaintances asks him to help the Royalists – and to smuggle a bank's gold out from under the Communists’ noses. But his friends will do everything they can to prevent him …

Thinking caps on over the weekend please !

All best !
Charles
Stevie P
Level5
Level5

Post by Stevie P »

I'm not much good at these mini reviews. I'm more used to writing pages of waffle. Still here goes;

Sixty days to live.

Greenwich observatory announce that a Comet will crash into the earth in 60 days.

Panic, murder, riots and looting are rife on the london streets

The beautiful Lavinia Leigh, her family and friends try to accept their fate.

This is the end.

What do they do? What would you do?
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Nice one Steve ... thank you.

Forget the golf or washing the car this weekend everyone ... this is a much more exciting challenge !

All the best to everyone as always
Charles
Stevie P
Level5
Level5

Post by Stevie P »

The Scarlet Imposter

The second world war is one week old.

Gregory Sallust must contact the Inner Gestapo officers who aim to eliminate Hitler, bringing a speedy end to the war.

The German heiress, Erika von Epp becomes his accomplice and lover

Grupenfuhrer Grauber becomes his enemy.

Blood will flow, many will die.
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Two more ... but I may be suffering from the law of diminishing returns ....

The Satanist

A policeman is murdered – and it turns out he was crucified upside down. With the unofficial help of Colonel Verney, his widow investigates and infiltrates the Black Magic coven responsible. She and Colonel Verney’s team discover the Satanists are about to unleash a nuclear holocaust on the World.

The Forbidden Territory

The Duke receives a cryptic note. He discovers that one of his friends is in prison in Siberia and desperately needs his help. Summoning his other friends he sets out on a rescue mission, setting himself against the Bolsheviks and their police, and discovering far, far more than he expects.

Any more, anybody ???

All the best
Charles
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

I've passed the synopses that have been produced so far to Chorion, and they are grateful for our help. Stevie P - a special thank you to you !

They say that while we've passed the 30th April deadline, any others would be gratefully received, so if anyone would like to add more, please may I encourage you !

Kind regards as always
Charles

Return to “General Topics”