DW photo in Fortean Times' Aleister Crowley 'special' issue

The place to post anything DW-related
Steve Whatley
Level5
Level5

DW photo in Fortean Times' Aleister Crowley 'special' issue

Post by Steve Whatley »

[font=Courier New] [/font]For all you Crowley fans out there, the current - January 2008 - issue of Fortean Times (the journal of strange phenomena, for those who don't know it) is an Aleister Crowley 'special'.

There are no fewer than eleven* articles about various aspects of Crowley's life, by several authors (including DW expert Phil Baker). DW gets a passing mention or two, and one article has a familiar still from The Devil Rides Out, and a less-familiar photo of DW. Plus there's all the usual monthly FT stuff - coincidences, weird happenings, cryptozoology, strange deaths, etc..

No, I don't have shares in FT - I just thought you might like to know about it!

Steve W

*Twelve if you count the cartoon near the back.
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Thanks Steve - I for one have just ordered my copy !
Charles
Charles
Level5
Level5

DW in 'Metro'

Post by Charles »

Thanks to Paul Barnes for pointing out to me that DW received a mention in 'Metro', the freebie London newspaper this week.

In Monday's edition, page 27 had a small article entitled 'Start Here - an essential taster of ... occult literature', on The Devil Rides Out and DW's views of magic in general. It also featured a small 1930's picture of DW.

The Wheatley revival continues ....

All the best
Charles
Stevie P
Level5
Level5

Post by Stevie P »

Charles wrote:Thanks Steve - I for one have just ordered my copy !
Me too!!
Stevie P
Level5
Level5

Fortean Times - Info.

Post by Stevie P »

I'm just in the process of reading through the various Aleister Crowley articles in Fortean Times and I note that Phil Baker (One of the contributors to an excellent and informative article on Crowley) is just about to issue a biography of Dennis Wheatley called, "Strange Conflict : The Life and Work of Dennis Wheatley".
I'll certainly keep my eye out for that. (Nothing at Amazon yet).

I also noticed that Phil is a contributor to the DW library site having contributed some info re 'The Eunoch of Stamboul' in Jan 2005. I was going to add some of the info relating to DW in his article in the magazine no 231 but I'm not sure of the situation relating to copyright.
Jim
Level5
Level5

Re: Fortean Times - Info.

Post by Jim »

Stevie P wrote: I note that Phil Baker (one of the contributors to an excellent and informative article on Crowley) is just about to issue a biography of Dennis Wheatley called, "Strange Conflict : The Life and Work of Dennis Wheatley". I'll certainly keep my eye out for that. (Nothing at Amazon yet).

It would be great to have this book. I remember Bob telling me there were issues, but I can't recall just now what's holding it up.
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

Publication is not imminent, but I'm looking forward to the book as much as you are !

Can't wait !

All best
Charles

Return to “General Topics”