Hello

The place to post anything DW-related
caroline$-0
Level3
Level3

Post by caroline$-0 »

Alright, I have waited patiently for some other woman to post the obvious reply to these remarks . :-) but I have waited in vain.why does the virgin have to be female?Parabellum Alan please answer. [-X
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

caroline$-0 wrote: why does the virgin have to be female? [-X
Way way back, human sacrifice was intended to appease the anger of the gods, and to bring favor on the one doing the sacrifice. In black magic, many of the traditional ways and means of religion are deliberately reversed. Instead of the purity of the priesthood, sexuality of all kinds is part and parcel of the ritual.

Since the real power of black magic is held by men--at least it is in Wheatley--the virgin to be deflowered and sacrificed would naturally be female.
caroline$-0
Level3
Level3

Post by caroline$-0 »

:( Oh well thats a shame.There are anumber of young teenage spotty hoodies I see everyday who could be usefully employed as sacrificial offerings. :lol:
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

caroline$-0 wrote::( Oh well thats a shame.There are anumber of young teenage spotty hoodies I see everyday who could be usefully employed as sacrificial offerings. :lol:

But are you sure they're virgins? :rofl
parabellum
Level2
Level2

Post by parabellum »

Caroline

Jim has explained the subject well and certainly he will be more knowledgeable than I am on Black Magic.

Just don't try to con me into buying a DW collection with a glossy advert of naked young teenage spotty hoodies ready for sacrifice, male, female, virgin or otherwise.

I'm not biting this time!

Regards
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

Oh, I think--with the BCA twofers--we've probably seen the last DW hardcovers to be published in our lifetimes. The Century Hutchinson editions must have been a flop if the series was discontinued after half a dozen titles, and the Heron editions can be picked up for a song. (If only I could find the Lymington editions of the two short story collections...)
caroline$-0
Level3
Level3

Post by caroline$-0 »

I really can't understand why DW is'nt being published.One of my daughters read THEY USED DARK FORCES just for the parts about Goering and she loved it.I think she has read three others since that and she said she has learnt more from DW than any lecturer.
CharlesAdmin
Level2
Level2

Post by CharlesAdmin »

It may be that we won't see hardcovers, but I think there is little doubt that you will see DW reprinted - and soon.

As announced in April (see LATEST BOOK NEWS - http://www.denniswheatley.info/newsrelease.htm) Chorion have acquired DW's literary estate, and they certainly have great plans.

A few of you helped with 'soundbite synopses' of DW's various books in The Library a short while ago, and one of the reasons they asked me to co-ordinate this was that they are looking to drum up interest in publishing circles.

So don't be too despondent - your wish may be granted sooner than you think !

All good wishes
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

Meanwhile, I hope you're aware of the very classy Wordsworth reprints of THE DEVIL RIDES OUT, TO THE DEVIL--A DAUGHTER, and THE HAUNTING OF TOBY JUGG. If these do well, there's always the chance for more.
Alan
Level5
Level5

Post by Alan »

>Alright, I have waited patiently for some other woman to post the obvious reply to these remarks . Smile but I have waited in vain.why does the virgin have to be female?Parabellum Alan please answer

(Just come back after a long absence, sorry for late reply) - Caroline, the reason is that most satanic/black magic conventions were formulated in an age when women were more or less chattels. A woman who was a virgin - thus affording a male the opportunity to "break new ground" - was highly prized. Don't forget, the whole point of a sacrifice was to give something valuable to whatever deity you were trying to appease. There was not much of a premium placed on male virginity, therefore they were not valuable and did not carry much potency as a sacrifice. For example, the hoodies and yobs you'd like to sacrifice wouldn't cut much ice with whatever demon you were trying to curry favour with!

I stress, I don't subscribe to the idea that women should be treated as commodities - I simply point out how it was back in the elder days. :-)
caroline$-0
Level3
Level3

Post by caroline$-0 »

Actually the hoodies are quite sweet if you talk to them.All you have to do is smile and say hello and they nod there head's and say hello back.

Return to “General Topics”