What about the forum?

The place to post anything DW-related
Steve Whatley
Level5
Level5

Post by Steve Whatley »

I proposed such an outing to dear old Bob some years ago, but his location and circumstances didn't make travelling into London an easy thing to arrange, and at the time I had no other contacts who would have been interested.

Whichever is the more viable financially, viewing it at the BFI or showing it at the 'Convention', I'll willingly subscribe.

The BFI also have An Englishman's Home (US: Madmen of Europe), which, though Bob assured me DW's screenplay wasn't used, nevertheless gave him a screenwriting credit. So maybe there's a bit of DW in there somewhere. Anyone interested?

Another option for a double bill would be The Secret Of Stamboul; I haven't watched it yet as I don't have a multi-region DVD player, but it would surely look better on a bigger screen?
Nick
Level5
Level5

Post by Nick »

Great Idea,( the BFI I mean) it could be a try out for further meetings. Any idea on price for hireing the theatre?
Charles
Level5
Level5

Post by Charles »

I'll look forward to either.

As I mentioned, I tried the BFI for The Forbidden Territory a while back, but without success - I used their online query service and they had a Forbidden Territory, but it wasn't the right one. If someone else feels like making an enquiry though it might be worthwhile in case they get a different response.

If we don't get that, I found Secret of Stamboul an excellent film (I watched it twice over in my first sitting !) and a double bill with another film with a DW credit sounds tempting.

Nothing like an old movie to get you in the mood for reading more DW ....
Charles

Return to “General Topics”