Dennis Wheatley R.I.P

The place to post anything DW-related
nick jones
Level1
Level1

Dennis Wheatley R.I.P

Post by nick jones »

Has any-body else been on the "Find a Grave" web site? If you do, you can "visit " DWs grave (rather goolish) my father said.And leave a note or a "virtual" wreath.The grave its-self looks rather unkempt, but maybe this is just a bad photo.The cemetery is lisited as "Brookwood American Cemetery & Memorial" American ?Did DW move to Brookwood, when he left Lymington ?or did he have family in the area ?Maybe one day I will visit ,and leave some real flowers.If you get time, pay your respects to," The Prince of Thriller Writers"
regards Nick J.
:cry:
Jim
Level5
Level5

Post by Jim »

Well, it's a wonderful site. When you type in a name, you get not only the person searched, but others of his/her family, and sometimes those who were connected professionally. (Jules Verne's editor Hetzel comes up on his page.) Many listings have views of the cemetery as well as the grave itself, and (of course) photos of the deceased.

The bios are brief but fascinating:

- Did you know that tenor Enrico Caruso's casket was on view for eight years before his widow finally had the vault sealed? (His body was dressed once a year in a new suit.)
- Oscar Wilde's longtime friend Robert Ross was buried with him, fifty years after the playwright's death.
- J. Edgar Hoover tried to prevent Dashiell Hammett's burial in Arlington National Cemetery.
- Where *is* Mozart buried?

If you are even slightly "ghoulish" by nature, you'll be at the site for hours!
Bob Rothwell
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bob Rothwell »

A link to the 'Find a Grave' entry can be found on the DW biography page in the main site, but for those of you who just want to click directly to the link, here it is: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg ... id=6871917
Bob Rothwell
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Bob Rothwell »

A link to the 'Find a Grave' entry can be found on the DW biography page in the main site, but for those of you who just want to click directly to the link, here it is: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cg ... id=6871917

Return to “General Topics”